hap

March 11, 2013

Test

So this next week may be tough for me. We all have our strengths and weaknesses, and one of my weaknesses is that I like to stay in the background. Provide support. Get you the information that you need. NOT interact with people I don't know and actually have to talk to them. Even though when it comes down to it and I'm forced to, I do fine and have a good time.

We have prospective students coming next Friday, and I have to drive them around campus for a couple of hours. I'll be doing it with a co-worker who has already plotted out our route, and it's going to be just fine. They are half my age. I can drive a van. I know campus. There is no pop quiz.

But still. For the last week (ever since I was volunteered to do this and had no acceptable reason to decline), I have woken up with the feeling that something was hanging over me. It's so stupid! Nothing bad ever happens and more often than not, I have a good time or learn or accomplish something and FOR GOD'S SAKE THIS IS NOTHING.

Most of me is looking forward to it and would like to smack the other part of me. I guess that's progress.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sailor said...

Jeez, how well I know that feeling. You'll do fine, I'm sure of it, and progress is good.

March 11, 2013 7:30 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I knew I wasn't alone in this. But wow. When it was sprung on me, I froze, and pretty obviously. Thankfully I work at a good place with good people, so I could say, "Okay. I'll be fine in a minute or two, just adjusting." And now I truly am looking forward to it, though I think two hours might be a little long. If it is, I'll find out whether they want to stop by a bar or something.

March 12, 2013 8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home