hap

February 20, 2013

Borrowed words

If you meet somebody and they love you when you are your true, awful, not-ready-yet, boring, not cool enough, not handsome enough, not pretty enough, too fat, too poor self? And if you love them back so much it makes you calm? And they have flaws and you don't mind a single one of them?

That means you get yourself to the church and you pull one of those priests out of bed and you have him cast one of those wedding spells on you.
 

This is it in a nutshell. Plus good cooking and a neck-kissing or ass-pinching every now and again.

Augusten Burroughs - This is How: Proven Aid in Overcoming Shyness, Molestation, Fatness, Spinsterhood, Grief, Disease, Lushery, Decrepitude & More. For Young and Old Alike.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sailor said...

Reading this, immediately after your reply/my reply to the last post- you GOT your light, right there hon!

Thanks for posting this- a good reminder :)

February 21, 2013 1:43 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

It was a good reminder to me too! Made me feel incredibly lucky.

February 21, 2013 11:20 AM  
Blogger Sailor said...

Somedays I have trouble remembering jsut how lucky I am, really- and btw? I count thoughtful emails & such in that luck, and ty again :)

February 21, 2013 10:34 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

We all forget, from time to time. Wallowing a little usually gives me the "Really? You're complaining when you have all this?" push, so I consider it therapeutic.

Ive been hoping all is well with you and yours.

February 21, 2013 11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home