hap

March 07, 2013

My cup runneth over

Fantastic news today - my position was reclassified and it comes with a raise of almost 10 percent. I am floored. And giddy. Really, really giddy. FUCK YEAH! Multiply that by I don't even know how much.

Also, turns out I have a wheat problem. Maybe that doesn't sound like good news, but to identify what's been up with my stomach and skin is extremely gratifying, and since it doesn't look like an across-the-board gluten problem, there are really easy replacements for bread, crackers, and pasta. Today was day one skipping wheat stuff, and I had no itching or stomach problems. More, please.

Re: Matt's certification. There was simply too much information to cram into three days of studying (turns out there was another book and addendum lurking in the requirements), so while he wasn't able to get the certification Monday and apply for that particular job, there are multiple opportunities to take the test this month and other positions will come up. He'll be in a really good position to take advantage when they do. And I cannot express how much I am loving coming home and seeing him studying, pencil in hand. Studious Matt is pretty fucking sexy.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sailor said...

Excellent!
Terrific!
Outstanding!

(Go take advantage of the sexy studious one!)

:) :)

March 07, 2013 9:37 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Yes, yes, yes, and I plan to! (As soon as the hockey game is over :)

March 07, 2013 10:03 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

You are back! I'm so happy at your good news (both/all of you) but please stop injuring yourself, ok?

April 09, 2013 5:03 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Back indeed, Alison! I hope you're doing well. Been doing good on the injury front this week - only one nail nick/thumb slice from a knife and one smack on the back of the hand from the washing machine agitator. Banner week, I tell you! :) Good to hear from you.

April 10, 2013 6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home