hap

November 23, 2010

Bring it

The Thanksgiving menu is magneted to the fridge and I think we're good to go.

The turkey is cooling its heels, the china is washed, serving spoons at the ready. It's been a long time since we hosted a holiday dinner (Christmas 2003 for Matt's side of the family) and I think I'm finally ready to do it again.

I'm kind of giddy about it, really. I picked up tablecloths a few weekends ago. My mom is bringing extra silverware. I borrowed a roaster to keep the oven free for yams and stuffing and whatnot. I sketched out a plan of attack, timing-wise, but I still don't think shit will hit the table piping hot in perfect order and I might mess up the giblets and that's totally okay.

There will be family. There will be snacks to fill the cracks and crevices while the potatoes are mashed and gravy made. There's Wii bowling. There's a movie on reserve. There's good bread and great friends and three cans of olives.

I think we're good.

Happy pre-Thanksgiving.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sailor said...

Sounds perfect, when do you want us to arrive? Oh, not an invitation, lol- oops!

Happy t'giving, enjoy it all, and I especially like the "three cans of olives", think that's gonna be enough??

November 24, 2010 9:19 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

I am hosting too. I have baked 3 pies this morning. I am getting ready to put together a stuffing. I have the table cloth in the washer. I am tired, but it is going to be a great holiday.

November 24, 2010 2:48 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Sailor, I've seriously debated getting one more just in case :) Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

Have fun, Karen! I have butter softening for cookies and the tablecloth in the wash as well. Tonight is last-minute cleaning and taking care of whatever I can ahead of time. Have a great Thanksgiving.

November 24, 2010 2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home