hap

June 11, 2010

Nature at work

I found a moth in the bathroom a few minutes ago and cupped some paper around it to take it outside.

"It's on its way, I think," I said to Matt on my way to the porch, "but I want it to die outside." Mainly because I don't want to step on it tomorrow morning when I get out of the shower, but it sounds good, huh?

I gave the paper a flip at the door and the moth flew away to rest on the outside of the nearest window.

There was just enough time to think My, it's lively! Maybe it's not on its last legs after all before a bird flew up and snatched it up.

I did mean to let it pass peacefully outside. I didn't realize I could have done a three, two, one countdown.

Nature is pretty fucking quick sometimes.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sailor said...

huh... the best intentions foiled, lol- nice of you to try though!

June 11, 2010 9:57 PM  
Anonymous buxindi said...

that's what i was thinking, too, sailor. your heart was basically in the right place, melissa. as much as i hate to kill things in the house, i find no other way with moths. i'll try the paper thing sometime,
.

June 11, 2010 10:25 PM  
Blogger MrRyanO said...

Sometimes I'll just build Lego castles for them. I find it a win-win situation. :P

June 12, 2010 11:27 AM  
Blogger for a different kind of girl said...

This is a front row seat to the idea that nature can be a real bitch sometime, huh?

(and you didn't need any of those fancy expensive video cameras those folks at the Discovery Channel use!)

June 14, 2010 10:33 PM  
Blogger Adamity73 said...

LMFAO! God, you're a funny damned writer, sis. Poor moth. But good going for the avian.

Peace.

Let us not be moths. Forever and ever, amen.

August 09, 2010 3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home