hap

April 26, 2010

Operation Little One

"You're 38 and regular, let's not drag this out. Two months of ovulation tests and I want to see you back here," the doctor said. Seniority seems to be working to our advantage.

I go back this Thursday for a dye test to make sure all the plumbing is clear, then we're under strict orders to have sex two days in a row once the ovulation predictor kit says Go For It. Oh (gnashing of teeth), what tribulation!

To establish there's normal ovulation happening, I will pee on a stick mid-month and hope for a positive result.

But I will NOT pee like this:



In fact, I don't know anyone who could. Where is that even coming from?

Assuming ovulation is normal and predictable, we're going to try some intrauterine insemination in just a few months, and I am hopeful. Oh man, am I hopeful.

6 Comments:

Blogger Sailor said...

Prayers, fingers crossing, all the best thoughts- (and gnashing of teeth? lol, interesting).

Have fun, and truly, good luck & prayers-

April 27, 2010 2:39 AM  
Blogger for a different kind of girl said...

Oh! I hope and hope and hope for you, too!! Good thoughts and prayers (mostly for a baby, but also for no weird urinary transformations, too! Heh!)

April 27, 2010 8:15 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Thanks, both of you! I'll take every prayer you send our way :)

April 27, 2010 4:49 PM  
Blogger Adamity73 said...

Meagan (that's Me Again) says: I hope you are barefoot and pregnant, cooking Matt dinner on the grill all summer long =0)

Adam sez: I'd be a great uncle! But! (And this a big one...) Have a bouncing baby boy! Just kidding (kind of). Either a boy or a girl, I'd be so fucking happy for you! You were *made* to be a mommy--I just see it in your actions and your thought processes and, well, just *everything*. Have a kid, Missy. I wish you and Matthew the best of luck.

BTW: That pissing picture? Fucked up, mang. Who the hell pisses like that?! It looks like Rectum-Pee to me. (Ouch. Okay. I'm done.)

You krazee kidz get to it now, eh?

Have fun! =o)

May 02, 2010 1:23 PM  
Blogger bernthis said...

I had my lovely daughter in vitro. Crossing my fingers for you both

May 03, 2010 12:08 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

To Meagan: Who needs shoes in the summertime anyway, right?

As for you: flavor preference noted. Will see what we can do, but either is 100% okay by me :) Thanks for the other thoughts, as well, truly.

Thank you, Jessica! I've about snapped my fingers off crossing them (and it's early yet, will have to switch to toes soon) so any and all crossed fingers are welcome.

May 03, 2010 9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home