hap

June 02, 2022

Thanks. I think you're nice, too.

I know you had a hand in this. Thank you for being with me through the difficulty, and even more so being with me in all the joyfulness. Love you and miss you. I know it is late, but I am just overwhelmed with feeling. 

The other night, I was on the back porch smoking and thinking and I felt your voice telling me to just keep stepping forward and trust. And boy howdy, were you right. I trusted you as always and blew a kiss to the heavens in advance, and I hope you felt it smack right on your cheek.

Feeling you here with me, I wanted to grasp this moment and let you know just how much I love you and miss you and am so grateful for every single word you dropped in my ear. It may have taken (quite) a while for all the pennies to drop, but Jesus Christ, Dad. Every seed you ever spread in discussion has blossomed and fruited. Every direction you've pointed me in, every strength you encouraged and weakness you worked with - it all added up.

You did me a good one. Thank you with all my heart.


 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home