hap

August 19, 2013

Another day

Finding myself looking at things through different eyes. All the stuff on the shelves, in the closets, down the basement and in the garage? Pretty much unnecessary. Ninety-five percent of this house could disappear and it wouldn't be missed. Why do I have 85 pens and ten lotions? What does this fucking cord go to? And why can't I throw away pens?

Matt's hand on my hip at night, Pete sneezing because he got worked up and Willy circling behind me while I'm doing dishes and grunting like an asshole to be let outside - those are the things that matter.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sailor said...

Yes, they do matter- and good for you, for noting that.

I've had "things" in my head lately, I've been looking a lot at sailing/cruising websites, and then I look around all the "stuff" we have- and realize how little actually ever gets USED, on a regular basis.

We just seem to gather STUFF. I'm not in a "toss it all out" mood, (much), but it's an interesting observation on how, despite our thoughts/intentions, we've managed to collect quite so many rooms-full-of-STUFF.

I like what you note though- touches, loving pups, those are important. Thanks for posting this :)

August 24, 2013 7:10 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I am flabbergasted at the amount of "stuff" that accumulated over the years. Drawer after drawer, shelf after shelf. And we don't even have a lot of storage space here. I want to get rid of the unnecessary, you know what I mean? Out with anything that weighs us down without good reason. That's the project this weekend. It's going to be good.

August 26, 2013 9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home