hap

September 26, 2009

Solid at the line

Bowling season has started again, and while in past years I've done wonderfully the first few weeks and watched my average dip lower and lower with each consecutive match, this year I decided to start out crappy and go up.

Matt suggested part of my trouble tonight was hopping at the release (not recommended, as you may hop left or right and yank or push the ball instead of letting it go smoothly at the line) and I was reminded of some advice he laid on me a few years back:

Get solid at the line, honey. Like you're sitting on the toilet.

Don't ask me. Why not just a chair? But I'll tell you this: that is advice you can't help but remember.

7 Comments:

Anonymous aleximac said...

It has a certain logic. You definitely don't want to "hop upon release" when sitting on the toilet now, do you.

September 27, 2009 12:35 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Excellent point, Alexis. And my score shot up by 38 pins once I put it into practice :)

September 27, 2009 1:21 PM  
Anonymous Chris said...

You don't want to be too solid when sitting on the toilet..... at least not without a good book.

September 27, 2009 2:19 PM  
Blogger Sailor said...

Hmmm. I don't think I'll ever be able to bowl again, without thinking of this.

Not such a big deal though, 'cuz I only bowl about once/year, and not at all since neck surgery.

September 27, 2009 5:04 PM  
Blogger Nikky said...

my bowling season started a couple of weeks ago, too, and odd as the advice is, I can completely picture it, and sadly, it makes sense to me.

good luck with your bowling, post scores every once in a while so I can have something to strive to achieve!!

September 30, 2009 10:38 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Doesn't matter what's on the agenda, Chris, it's quality reading time.

Oh I'm sorry, Sailor! It's probably been three years since I first heard the advice and I didn't think of the implications of inflicting it on others :) How is your neck, by the way?

Right, Nikki? It does make sense, it just would have had a similar impact if he'd said chair, lol. I'll post scores soon, but I can guarantee yours are blowing mine away right now.

September 30, 2009 11:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMAO!!

October 03, 2009 5:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home