hap

September 20, 2009

Cacaphony of coughing

Oh, we are sick here.

Coughing, sneezing, aching joints and the chills - we got it going on. Matt came down with the plague a few days ago and tried to give me pursed-lip kisses to protect my fragile immune system, but what's mine is his and what's his is mine, so please just kiss me properly and hand over that nasal sting and heavy chest.

He's feeling better today and since I'm running about a day behind him, I expect to feel some improvement tomorrow. In the meantime I have rediscovered my love for Theraflu with Mucinex chasers, made a huge pot of soup, and scheduled a steamy shower and Snuggie wrap for this afternoon.

If you have a magic cure, please leave details in the comments.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Todd said...

1. Eat a tablespoonful of Vick's Vap-O-Rub .

2. Eat whole raw gloves of garlic lol.

September 21, 2009 6:22 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Excellent suggestions, Todd. I screwed up and put the Vap-O-Rub on my chest instead of in my mouth, but I'll try to get it right next time ;)

September 21, 2009 7:54 AM  
Anonymous aleximac said...

Steam your head with sage water! Did that last night, myself, oh my sinuses..

Hope you both feel better soon!

September 22, 2009 7:46 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

MUCH much better now, thank you! Will do the steam thing to help nudge improvement along. Sorry about your sinuses, Alexis! I hear steaming your head with sage water helps :)

September 23, 2009 10:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I started getting a cold yesterday! And since you asked, I just wrote something on this so I will post link if that's ok... here it is, info on colds and getting rid of them

Feel better soon!

September 24, 2009 8:01 PM  
Blogger Drea said...

Hey Melissa I havent visited for ages and I come back to a new profile pic (great shot!)and a blog cleanout! Maybe I should do that - it may inspire me to write more than once a year! Hope you're feeling better soon!

September 25, 2009 6:20 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Great timing, Isabella! I'm on the down side of this one, but will remember the suggestions for next time.

Hi Drea, good to see you! I would love it if you wrote more than once a year, lol. Do what you've got to do!

September 26, 2009 9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home